Saturday, January 26, 2013

2013!

Doesn't this year sound lucky?  Maybe just because there is the lucky number 13 in the year, and that number has become 'our number' here at our house since both Brynn and Drew's birthday is on the 13th.  Maybe it's because we are continuing to try and stay positive about the pros about living here in MT, and out in the country, rather than focusing on the cons.  Maybe it's because I have cabin fever and I know that now the days are getting a little longer, spring is the next season, and I will have Drew potty trained sometime during this year. :)
I'm not one for New Year's resolution generally, but I do like making goals.  A goal I made in December was to read the Old Testament from cover to cover.  I haven't ever done that before and I want to so that I can then say that I have read the Old and New Testament, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price.  I'm actually really enjoying studying it and am grateful to deepen my testimony of the Bible, Heavenly Father and His plan for us.
All of the other goals that I wanted to accomplish, I found, all hinged off of one goal...going to bed earlier.  Andrew and I have been doing this together and it really has made a world of difference for me.  I am feeling more rested and satisfied of my self-discipline.
Other goals that we have been working on are companionship scripture reading and exercising (4 days a week).
I have really felt happier the last few weeks.  Not that I was in the pit of despair, but I just have noticed an increase in my (our) happiness.  We feel it is a blessing from being more diligent in our scripture study, and I also think it's a blessing from having more self-discipline and being more productive.
I had an epiphany a few years ago about happiness. Self-discipline and mastery.  If we are self-disciplined, we will be doing what we are to be doing, speaking carefully and kindly, thinking carefully and kindly.  Not sure if I am being clear, but that is my goal in my stage of life right now.  Self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment