Monday, January 10, 2011

Goals

I confess.  I hate making New Year's resolutions.  I've never liked it.  In church or at school we would have to make goals the first Sunday or school day of the month.  I didn't like that because I wasn't motivated by a new year because life and schedules hadn't changed, I was motivated my new situations, such as a new school year, or summertime. Anyway, now as an adult,  I feel like each week or day I'm making new goals of reading , cleaning, study, crafting, exercising, cooking etc.  Maybe, I'm just a short-term goal kind of person...or maybe... I really do love to be able to cross off items from my checklist, therefore, my goals-of-the-day work for me.


With that being said, I have made some goals recently, but they were before the New Year. :)  I am declaring it here to help with my commitment.  I want to read through the whole New Testament before the end of the year. Also, I work with the young women at church, and as leaders we are asked to do the personal progress program along with the girls, regardless if you did it as a teenager.  I have been working on it a lot since being home with Drew, and I have a goal of finishing it by March.


Disclaimer:  I don't think any less of you New Year's Resolution people...just don't make me do it. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment