Thursday, February 3, 2011

Better With Age...Phew

So I experienced something tonight that made me realize that I actually HAVE matured over that last few years...at least since college.  I'm playing volleyball on a city league team.  I really enjoy the team, although I only knew one person prior to playing.  Well, tonight we had a double header.  The first team was good, but had some sass, but it wasn't too bad.  THEN the next team we played only had four show up but they were great players.  During the first game, one player on the other team started getting...energized (talking smack, being cocky etc).  It just got worse throughout the whole game.  Anyway, I was proud to say that I kept my language clean...even in my mind. [Not always the case earlier in life...sad to say.] She was really getting under my skin, BUT I kept myself in check.  I remember when I played flag football in college...I would get so riled up by the other sassy girls, but this time I felt that I was acting more mature than I used to.  So this is me patting myself on the back, and relieved that I "grown up." a bit. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment