Sunday, May 27, 2012

Snakes and Peeps

I had been told that a garter snake had been sighted on our driveway a week ago or so.  That gave me the willies!  Just because I grew up in the country doesn't me that I am a fan of all that crawls, jumps, slithers, and flies.  I was throwing out some trash, when I spotted this little guy  near our steps...yuck!!!  I know that these little ones don't do much, but still!  The way they move freak me out!


In other news...Brynn is just getting bigger and bigger. Time is flying faster than with Drew (being busier now than before), and so it seems that this little miss will be walking before we know it.  She is a pro at holding her head up.  She coos and smiles a lot, and she even rolled over yesterday...twice!  


Andrew bought his first cowboy "gear" in preparation for a trade show in China.  People from other countries eat this stuff up.  They love seeing "real cowboys" from Montana.  Let's be honest, I think most people even in the United States think that this is what all Montanans wear.  We'll I do own a cowgirl hat, and that's about it.  It makes me chuckle that Andrew, my skater, city-boy, is more cowboy than I was or ever will be.  He does look rather handsome in his hat though!


Drew has been sick the last couple of days (which has not been fun being a 'single' parent for the last week). This is his "are-you-joking?-You-want-me-to-smile-when-I-feel-like-junk?" face

 

People always told me with Drew to enjoy each stage.  I really made that a goal and I felt that I did, but I was always looking forward to when he could play, talk, and interact more.  The infant stage wasn't my favorite, and I secretly wasn't looking forward to "starting over" with that stage.  I hope you don't misunderstand what I am saying, I was happy to have another sweet child come to our family, but not really looking forward to the complete dependency stage.  Blah blah  ANYWAY, my point.  I have really enjoyed this infant stage this time!  Not sure if it's because, Brynn is a fairly easy baby, or that can't move and get into things...or maybe I've just forgotten how I felt when Drew was small.  But I just love her sweet, little smiles and coos and all the little things that she does. 


Although things can be pretty crazy around here, I am enjoying my sweet pea! 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, she's ginormous. Especially when I change her diaper. Also, I forget how hard newborns are when they can't communicate AT ALL! Oh well, it will pass soon enough...and I agree with you. I've enjoyed parts of the newborn more than I did with Amelia. Hope you're doing well...we sure do miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete